Like any other Country, UK has made motor trade insurance mandatory to every car as long as it spends time on the road. Making that a requirement for every motorist has made it possible for the insurance industry to prosper as motorists strive to get their cars insured. Insurance agents have also every reason to meet their targets since car owners are so numerous and they are always in search of insuring companies. To become an motor trade insurance agent, one must be so competent since their main role is to get clients for their companies who they will sell policies. Interpersonal skills, better grades and marketing should be the most qualifying skills of an insurance agent in UK. Therefore, they must pursue a course for them to qualify.
- It all starts with attaining better grades in high school and then pursuing a course that goes in line with insurance in college and eventually graduating at the university with a degree in economics, finance or an insurance related Bachelors degree.
- Visit a pre-licensing institution that is recommended by the state for a course work of 25 hours. The coursework is all about training in the vehicle physical and mechanical damages. One does not need to make an appearance at the training grounds as the services are also provided via online where one will only need to access the recommended websites.
- At the end of the training comes an exam. One is required to pass the exam to move to the next stage, which is to apply for a license. For easier issuing of the license, it is best to apply via online from the Department of Financial Services website. Once the application processes and becomes approved, it is sent to the applicant immediately via email.
- For security purposes, one is required to take fingerprints checks from the Criminal Departments and all information put into record.
- Select the type of insurance covers that are of interest to you from the UK Department of Financial Services and in this case it is the motor trade insurance.
- At this time, one has been issued with a license but they should not rush to seek for employment. Many employers are usually in search of agents who have quite an experience in the business. Therefore, an aspiring agent should seek either induction or employment from not so renowned insurance companies. For most competitive companies, they will not have applicants that are so fresh from college.
- Once you feel that you have gained enough experience, feel free to seek for employment from companies that you desire to represent. While applying ensure to do it in multiple companies since not many will respond to the application. Practice patience while waiting for them to respond. In case of an invitation to an interview, attend to all then come up with a conclusive decision on which company to work with. The secret in making a decision like this is to consider the reputation f the company and the history of its performance.
- To retain your license, ensure to take Continuing Education courses, which come up as a way of enlightening and introducing new skills to the agents. An agent should also ensure to attend to workshops pertaining motor trade insurance.
Now a days with the high importance of the internet agents are following the trends and started creating compare insurance engine like Motortradeking.co.uk for giving the clients or online readers a easier way to choose by using expert tools.